Friday, March 4, 2011

Mongolian fashion

Sorry, I've been doing a lot of research for my snow queen cover, and Mongolians have some of the most nifty fashion ever!  Interestingly enough, I found out that Queen Amadala from Star Wars is almost directly based off of Mongolian traditional wear!

Here's a few images, just to show you some of the variety in their garb.


Uncanny... isn't it?



 This would be their traditional wedding attire ^
What do you think?  I guess, though, maybe our wedding attire looks strange to them!








LOTS of amazing hats, you see.  And finally, here's an image from eastern Siberia I found when googling Nikolai's hometown.

I can't even imagine what it would be like growing up in such a strange place.  This guy, though, is basically the Siberian version of Santa!

Hope you enjoy the images!

No comments:

Post a Comment